Friday 11 July 2014

Paris, je t'aime

Our first full day in Paris was full of French food, culture and entertainment. It was a great day in this beautiful city.

On the food front I tried a macaroon, crepe, and caviar. The macaroonvand crepe were heavenly. The ever so tasty combination of Nutella and banana for the crepes was so delicious. The macaroon I tried was to die for. The caviar the other hand was not my cup of tea.

The caviar was part of my meal at the entertainment part of the day. Our tour group had the option to see the Moulin Rouge. The food was fine and the show was interesting but wasn't really my thing. I will have to watch the movie again when I get home though.

The cultural side of the day involved exploring around the Louvre area, Tuillerie Garden, and the amazing Musee d'Orsay. The Monet and  Van Gogh paintings blew me away. I can't wait for the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. 

Stay tuned in for day 2 in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment